We ask ourselves questions all day long, but don’t even realize it.
- Why can I get up earlier?
- Why don’t they help with the laundry?
- When is this going to be over?
- Why am I the only one that cares?
- Why can’t they figure it out?
The problem is, when you ask your brain a question, it hijacks whatever you are doing and focuses on answer it. But answering these types of questions just keeps you stuck and validates why it’s hard and should be different.
If you really want to change something, you need to start asking better questions that give you a better answer and move you forward.
Tune in this week and learn how to start asking better questions and to use the part of your brain that obsesses over answering questions to your advantage.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- What makes a question “dumb.”
- What happens to your brain when you ask it questions.
- The 2 biggest problems when asking “dumb” questions.
- How to start asking better questions to reach your goals and make changes faster
Mentioned on the show:
- Get the How to confidently speak up in meetings free online course. In this 10 minute video training, you’re going to learn 3 ways to start speaking up today.
- Ready to get some free 1:1 help? I offer a limited number of free coaching calls each week. Grab time on my calendar and let’s get you feeling more confident today.