6 questions to ask any coach
If you are thinking about hiring a coach, make sure you hire one that's right for you with these 6 questions.
1. What training did you go through to become a coach?
- Keep in mind, coaching is not a regulated industry. Make sure the coach you hire is confident in their training so they can actually help you with your problem.
2. What will be different for me at the end of your program?
- Make sure you are clear on what you are investing in. If it sounds fluffy and ambiguous, keep asking.
3. What specific things have you helped other clients overcome?
- Make sure the coach you are hiring has helped people with your similar challenges.
4. What if I start working with you, but decide it’s not the right fit?
- A good coach is not in it for the money. They are in it to help you get the results you want.
5. Who is your coach?
- A coach that believes in coaching puts their money where their mouth is.
6. What have you been coached on recently that’s helped you?
- A good coach continues to work on themselves so that they can share their insights with their clients.