Take a minute and think about what you really want. Like really big want. What happens when you think about it?
If you are like every other person, you probably got excited and then distracted. Because when your brain can’t figure out HOW to get there, it shuts down and moves to a problem it can solve.
The way to overcome this is to focus more on the “what” and less on the “how.” This not only works with your personal goals, but it also is the key to stakeholder alignment, project prioritization, and moving faster at work. List and learn how.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why your naturally focus on how to do something
- Why focusing on the “what” is more important
- How the “what” enables you to move forward faster
- Real life examples of focusing on the “what” and not the “how”
Mentioned on the show:
- Ready to get some free 1:1 help? I offer a limited number of free coaching calls each week. Grab time on my calendar and let’s get you feeling more confident today.
- Get the How to confidently speak up in meetings free online course. In this 10 minute video training, you’re going to learn 3 ways to start speaking up today.