Have you ever noticed that you can be in a crowed and noisy place, but still hear someone call your name? Of maybe you were shopping for a new car and started to notice how many other people have that car.
There’s a part of your brain, the reticular activation system (RAS), that’s responsible for this. The RAS is a bunch of nerves at your brainstem whose job is to filter out unnecessary information so the important stuff gets through.
But this is the reason we feel stuck sometimes. The more we believe something, the more the RAS is filtering things up to our conscious brain to prove it’s true. If you want to stop proving your negative believes true, you need to start changing your filter.
Tune in this week and learn how to rewire your brain so you are proving better thoughts about yourself true. It’s easier than you think.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why our brain filter things and why that’s a good thing.
- Why you keep believing negative things about yourself and feeling stuck
- How to better understand what your filters are
- How to stop believing all those negative things about yourself
Mentioned on the show:
- Get the How to confidently speak up in meetings free online course. In this 10 minute video training, you’re going to learn 3 ways to start speaking up today.
- Ready to get some free 1:1 help? I offer a limited number of free coaching calls each week. Grab time on my calendar and let’s get you feeling more confident today.