Self esteem is believing in your own worth or abilities. There are 4 key steps to boost your self esteem. First you have to start with awareness. If you don’t know where you are starting, it’s impossible to find the right path to get you where you want to go. List to the previous episode for more details on self esteem step 1.
In this episode, we are going tot dive deep into understanding where you value and worth comes from. Most of us were taught and incentivized to look for proof of our value through our accomplishments. Things like getting good grades, having a good job, not getting divorced. But these are all things outside of you and don’t change your worth. Once you better understand this, it’s so much easier to like yourself.
You are 100% valuable because you are a human being. You can’t make yourself any more or less valuable. The more you understand this and practice believing it, the easier it is to like yourself.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Where we are taught our worth and value come from
- Where it actually comes from
- How to talk nicer to yourself
- How to believe you are 100% valuable because you are a human
Mentioned on the show:
- Ready to get some free 1:1 help? I offer a limited number of free coaching calls each week. Grab time on my calendar and let’s get you feeling more confident today.
- Get the How to confidently speak up in meetings free online course. In this 10 minute video training, you’re going to learn 3 ways to start speaking up today.