Self esteem is believing in your own worth or abilities. It’s NOT the same as being self confident. In fact, many people are self confident, but still struggle with their self esteem. This is why we turn to drugs, alcohol, or obsessing over making things perfect.
If you doubt your decisions, have a hard time saying no, or worry what other people think about you, you’ve probably got room to improve your self esteem. There are 4 key steps to doing this. 1. Become aware of what you think about yourself, 2. Get clear on where your value comes from, 3. Learn to accept what is, 4. Actively work on your relationship with yourself.
In this episode we are going to dive deep into the how to gain a better awareness to understand “who you are.” Because if you don’t know where you’re starting from, it’s going to be hard to know which way to go.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- What is self esteem
- What are signs that you might be struggling with low self esteem
- Where self esteem comes from
- How to become more aware of who you think you are
Mentioned on the show:
- Ready to get some free 1:1 help? I offer a limited number of free coaching calls each week. Grab time on my calendar and let’s get you feeling more confident today.
- Get the How to confidently speak up in meetings free online course. In this 10 minute video training, you’re going to learn 3 ways to start speaking up today.