At work, conflict usually happens when we are not aligned on expectations or we are not holding people accountable. Learning effecting conflict management is a key skill every leader needs because we are human and will have conflict.
But most of us are going about conflict resolution all wrong. We try to get the other person to see our side and agree when us. Or we try to control how they feel. But this does not work and often it leads to both of us leaving feeling defensive and frustrated.
In this week’s episode, we talk about 4 ways to have better conflict management. It’s important to remember that we don’t always want to feel good. The other person does not always want to feel good. And that’s okay. But when you apply any of these 4 approaching, you will keep moving things forward.
Tune in this week and learn how to better manage conflicts at work.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- What is conflict management
- How we all go about conflict management all wrong
- 4 better ways to approach conflict management
- Real life examples applying each approach
Mentioned on the show:
- Come find me on Instagram to see my new shoulder heating pad that I’m obsessed with.
- Ready to get some free 1:1 help? I offer a limited number of free coaching calls each week. Grab time on my calendar and let’s get you feeling more confident today.
- Get the How to confidently speak up in meetings free online course. In this 10 minute video training, you’re going to learn 3 ways to start speaking up today.