A few years ago, I got a call out of the blue telling me my position was being eliminated.
I was angry because how it went down was so not fair. I was also worried because I had just moved across the state with my family and did not want to have to find a new company to work for.
They say the only way past something is through, but how do you do that when what you are dealing with is really hard? This week you will learn how to do that.
Being mad and frustrated can be a healthy part of the process. You have to grieve and feel bad before you can feel better. But there’s a lot of negative emotion we feel that’s not helpful.
Healing pain helps you grow, focuses on the future and comes from love. Hurtful pain comes from fear and resentment about what happened. Learning to allow the healing pain and minimize the hurtful pain is how you get through it
Tune in this week and learn how to get through difficult situations without coming out if angry and doubting yourself.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- What makes a negative emotion helpful and healing
- What makes a negative emotion hurtful
- How to deal with difficult situations without feeling more angry and down on yourself.
Mentioned on the show:
- Get the How to confidently speak up in meetings free online course. In this 10 minute video training, you’re going to learn 3 ways to start speaking up today.
- Ready to get some free 1:1 help? I offer a limited number of free coaching calls each week. Grab time on my calendar and let’s get you feeling more confident today.