When people find out I’m a life coach, most of them say something witty about needing to hire me because their life is a mess. We then both laugh and move on.
But the truth is, I honestly think most people should have a coach. I still do and always will, but how do you know if hiring a coach is right for you?
It’s a personal decision, but here are 5 reasons you should NOT hire one.
- You want someone to tell you exactly what to do – Coaching is not a step by step playbook that you follow and things magically workout. You are the only one who will ever know exactly what is the right thing for you to do. A good coach teaches you how to figure out what’s right for you. They teach you to make decisions and feel confident that you made the right decision. They don’t have a secret handbook to life, but can teach you how to start feeling better to create the life you want.
- You believe your life is good enough – If you are happy with the way things are going, keep doing it. If you like your job, feel confident about yourself, have healthy relationships, and feel proud with how you spend your time, don’t hire a coach. If you feel valued at work, like yourself, have work/life balance, and don’t feel stressed and anxious about life, you are good. Keep doing what’s working for you.
- You hate change – If you want to keep doing the same thing and getting the same results, don’t hire a coach. If you don’t want to change how you feel or how much self-confidence you have, don’t hire a coach. If you never get the Sunday night blues thinking about the work week ahead, confidently make decisions quickly, and feel on top of your to do list, you don’t need a coach.
- You don’t want to pay – If you think knowing how to feel better, not feeling so much stress and anxiety, and how to be confident are not important, don’t invest your money with a coach. If the money you spend on vacations, shopping, and spa treatments are solving the root cause of your anxiety, keep doing those things and save your money. If you like taking your time figuring out how to be confident to reach your goals, keep reading all the books and listening to the free podcasts.
- You don’t want to be more confident – If you never second guess your decisions, always speak up in meetings, own your career, feel like a leader, and are comfortable failing, you should not hire a coach. If you never worry about people judging you, feel 100% valuable, and know how to keep growing and learning, you don’t need a coach.
Moral of the story, if you are happy and feel like you are living the life you want, keep going.
But, if you want help learning how to stop living at the effect of things you can’t control like your job and what other people think about you, you might want to consider hiring a coach. Having someone teach you actual ways to be confident, get more done, and not worry what people say about you is the fastest way to start loving life again.
What would your life would look like if you were willing to fail? If you were willing to ask for that promotion? If you were willing to start that side gig you’ve been thinking about? If you made decisions and felt good about them? If you did not dread coming into work? If you felt proud and excited about your life?
If you had a way that guaranteed you would get all of this, why would you not do it?
Find a coach that’s right for you and offers guaranteed results.
You deserve it.
If you’re interested in hiring a coach, I offer a limited number of free online coaching sessions. Sign up HERE.